At Southway Primary School, we believe in ‘The Best in Everyone’, regardless of children’s background or the challenges they face. Our Southway Seven is at the heart of everything we do, and it is fully embedded in our rich curriculum. We recognise the importance of providing a high quality of education to all our children. While quality first teaching meets the needs of most pupils, additional interventions and provisions are required for some children, including those who are in receipt of Pupil Premium funding.
Our aim at Southway is for all our children to reach their potential, using the range of resources and expertise.
- Pupil progress tracked through termly summative and continual formative assessment.
- Pupil progress meetings discuss attainment and progress gaps and how these are filled using appropriate and effective intervention.
- Provision Map used to track interventions.
- Use of systems such as Accelerated Reader, Lexia Core 5, Shine and others are used to monitor and deliver a high standard of support.
- Inclusion Team are allocated to support individuals while our Pastoral Manager and Learning Mentors provide 1:1 or small group interventions and lunchtime clubs to offer environments in which pupils can succeed academically as well as socially and emotionally.
The key principles of this plan follow our School Improvement Plan 2021-22 for education recovery where we look to improve:
- Quality of education
- Outcomes in years 2 and 6
- Quality of English across the school with a focus on writing.
The approach taken will be responsive to individual needs, rooted in diagnostic assessment, not assumptions made about the impact of disadvantage. We will look to ensure that children are challenged in the work set and adaptations made to meet their need, to act swiftly to intervene if additional support is required and ensure that all staff take responsibility for pupil outcomes and ensure expectations are appropriately high.