Southway Primary aspires to be an outstanding centre of learning, serving its community and transforming lives. We seek to equip our students for a changing world by building confidence, encouraging creativity and fostering enquiry to achieve excellence. These qualities will allow our students to flourish as leaders of the future and to take their place as caring, ambitious and responsible citizens in their communities.
Academic achievement is at the heart of what we do, ensuring students leave with the highest qualifications that enable them to be competitive in the global economy. We expect our students to ‘learn hard’ and relish the challenge of acquiring skills and knowledge in a wide variety of subject areas.
As part of United Learning, our approach is underpinned by a sense of moral purpose and commitment to doing what is right for children and young people, supporting colleagues to achieve excellence and acting with integrity in all our dealings within and beyond the organisation, in the interests of young people everywhere.
We summarise this ethos (as a United Learning academy) as “The Best in Everyone” by "Building Brighter Futures". This ethos underpins United Learning core values that we support through our Southway Seven.
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding of others
- To develop our teaching and learning provision to impact further on ‘diminishing the difference’ for vulnerable groups of pupils
- To ensure that all pupils are given similar opportunities with regards to after-school clubs and activities
- To allow equal access to information for all parents
- To ensure the school environment is accessible as possible to all pupils, staff and visitors.
Our Equality Policy can be found here.